1010-03
T-Shirt blue S
blue
small
1010-04
T-Shirt bue L
blue
large
I am trying to figure out the best way to import this list (preferably via RPC) and in future update this list.

How can I create these products and make sure that each product variant has its own unique product id (simple_Product_ID)?

Hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance! 

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

While importing product templates pass variants (system will create individual products for each variant)

Discard
Author Best Answer

Dear Subbaraco,

thanks for you quick reply. Unfortunately this is not the issue! I am aware of auto creating the variants, but my question is how I can add the Simple_Product_ID to each variant while creating to be able to identify the variant later on. E.g. to run updates on the variant etc. 
Is there a way of adding this ID right away? If not, what is the best way to add this later on and how can I then Identify which variant is the correct one for which Id.

P.S. I just found following presentation using the method 'load' to run performant imports and also abstracting the difference between create and update.

https://www.odoo.com/de_DE/slides/slide/how-to-import-large-complex-data-into-odoo-455/pdf_content

Does anyone has some information on the 'load' function? I cannot find anything about it on the Odoo documentation. Is it still available for Odoo12 and is it recommended to use? Some how the internet does not list a lot about it.

Discard