Odoo Help

Create Many2many or Many2one records from record that has not been saved.

By
Pieter Paulussen
on 8/11/16, 4:40 AM 580 views

What I'm trying to do:

1. Create a new record (for reference: record A)  in a new model (no inherit or whatsoever)

2. When a user selects a partner using a default Many2one field to res.partner, the data from that partner should be collected. The data I specifically need is stored in a many2one field containing a few records.

3. On record A, that has NOT been saved, I now need to replicate the data from the Many2one field so I use the "the_field_on_record_A.create({'...':...})"

4. The user interface should show the added records.

What really happens: 

On step 3 the records get created in the database. However since record A does not have an ID yet, the newly created records in the database do not get linked back. They exists, yes, but the field that contains the ID of record A is 'None'.

I guess there's a problem with creating a new record from a new record? When I print out the ID of record A it also shows me that it's a 'newID' and the newID is useless for storing data to the database.  The strange part is, how come the default functionality of adding records to that field I need to fill is preserved when doing it manually in the front end?

What would be the best way to solve this problem?

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/11/16, 4:40 AM
Seen: 580 times
Last updated: 8/14/16, 6:46 AM