This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I have installed Odoo 10 in Windows 7.

Everything is right but I have to create a new module and I don't know how to start with or how to add a new application to odoo since all tutorials I've seen refer to Linux. 

I downloaded a module from the web to test the procedure. I made a new directory in /server/odoo/addons and copied the contents. I logged in Odoo and clicked over development mode in order to update the new applications but it didn't work.

Please, can you help me with this?

Discard
Best Answer

Odoo provide a mechanism to set up a new empty module, odoo.py has a sub command scaffold to create an empty module. To create a module we use following command on command line."odoo.py scaffold <module_name> <path where to put it> ". Now here the question raise what is scaffold. Our created module should always be placed in the "addons" folder, and the path of addons folder is (C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 8.0-20150811\server\openerp\addons).

Scaffolding:Scaffolding is the automated creation of a skeleton structure to creating a new module in odoo. Scaffolding is available via the odoo.py scaffold sumcommand.

Steps to create new module in odoo:

Open command prompt in windows and write the following command "odoo scaffold test_module openerp/addons" and hit "enter".
Read more about:

http://learnopenerp.blogspot.com/2016/03/how-to-create-and-install-modules-in.html

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you very much, Waleed and Ermin, for your help and suggestions.

I wanted to create an empty new module to see how it can be introduced in Odoo.

I opened a command terminal (cmd) in Windows and wrote:
odoo-bin.exe scaffold folder-name route_to_addons-folder

I checked the new folder contents in addons directory and everything was right.

I will follow your recommendation about creating a new directory addons for my modules.

I logged in to Odoo. in developer mode, and updated the applications. I could see the new application. I installed it without any problem.

Now, I have to see how to create a new module with more functionalities.

Best Regards

Discard

Nice to know you got it.

Best Answer

Make sure you have declared your new addons folder properly in the Odoo configuration file. If the folder /server/odoo/addons is the original Odoo addons folder (I don't know Odoo on Windows), then you should not make a subfolder into this folder, instead make a folder like /server/odoo/custom/addons.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

You have to extract the downloaded zip module and then copy the extracted folder (without changing the name of the folder ) to /server/odoo/addons (Make sure that the __init__.py and __manifest__.py files and other folders inside the extracted module folder directly). Then logged into odoo and activate devloper mode and from apps update the app list and then remove apps filter and search for the your module. 

I don't prefer to use Odoo addons folder and i prefer to create custom folder for custom modules and add the path to the odoo.conf file.

Regards,

Waleed

Discard