Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Create a record on a second table automatically

on 10/1/13, 7:36 PM 873 views

I've two tables 'affilie'(name) and 'adherant'(name, age, country), And what I want to do is when I create a record in 'Adherant' table with the 3 fields I want it to be created automatically in 'affilie' table. I mean I want the adherant's name field to be copied to the affilie's name field.

How can I do that ...? using the create ORM method..? I've tryed reading the documentation and the memento but I'm a newbie, All I know is developing with python. the OpenObject is still somewhat obscure to me. please I need your help !

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp

--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--
| 4 5 8
Bronx, United States
--AJ Schrafel Paper Corp--

Exploring OpenERP for business

AJ Schrafel Paper Corp
On 10/1/13, 10:57 PM

Something like:

self.pool.get('affilie ').create(cr, uid, {'name':your variable})

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 10/1/13, 7:36 PM
Seen: 873 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM