This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

Does anyone know which would be the best way to display a notice for first time users of a custom module which will display instructions on how to set up things just for 1 time and after that will disappear forever?

What would be the best approach to develop something similar to this, if anyone has been in the same situation I would appreciate any tip.

Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

Disappear forever? I don't know if openerp can do that right now.

If you want to add help text to a field, so that when the mouse hovers over a field you can get a description of the field add help="" to the column definition.

If your purpose is a step by step tutorial with "now click here" indicators, a video tutorial is your best option.

Discard
Author

Yes, I was thinking more on some sort of "welcome screen" with some instructions but it would need to be the welcoming screen just the first time. I will keep thinking on workarounds. Thanks for your help

Best Answer

Not sure, but two ways spring to mind. You can either set the users deafault action to a form, build a basic model and form to hold the message. This as I remember should appear as the user logs in. Just bear in mind, that this always appear. Second option, your users should be going to their inbox if you have messaging all setup within your ERP. Send a message to group "whole company". That way everyone gets the message, they can tick it as read, but always go back to it. That way as an admin, if they have ticket it as read, you know they should have read it :)

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

I made a tutorial about module creation (for POS, but that should apply for your needs). I think that all steps are explained.

Please read here : Tutorial on module creation: POS Usecase, french+english

I made an English version . I hope that translation is not so bad (original version is in french).

Best regards

Discard