This question has been flagged

I want to edit the origin field in stock move. If there's a related stock picking object everything is fine. But if I create a new stock move (without a related stock picking object), it's not possible to edit the origin field. (Changes to the field are not stored).

I had a look in class stock_move and found out, that the origin field is no simple char field, but a related field:

'origin': fields.related('picking_id','origin',type='char',size=64, relation="stock.picking", string="Source", store=True) 

Is this the point? My assumption is that there's a problem when no related stock picking object can be found. Looks like a bug for me.

Am I right? Can somebody give me a hint?

Discard
Best Answer

Related fields are Just to show the related value of a field present in another model (here- a field called 'origin' in stock.picking) in the model u wish to show it (here stock.move)

In stock.picking there is a field named origin. It is The Value Of That field for the corresponding picking_id that is loaded into the stock move record. So when you select a picking in the stock move the corresponding value of origin in the picking would be automatically loaded.

Discard