Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

copy value of a text field from an object to another text field in another object

By
Hasna LAKHRISSI
on 5/30/14, 6:31 AM 676 views

Hello everybody,
I know my question might seem pretty silly but I really couldn't handle it yet,here is my issue:

I am trying to modify slightly the contracts managment module, and I want to copy the value of the field 'description' of the contract to the field 'comment' of the invoice generated by the contract.
I've tried a bench of stuff (overriding some methods,creating a new method) but it's not working.
Please save my life!

Nehal

--Nehal--
| 5 2 8
Ahmadabad, India
--Nehal--
Nehal
On 5/30/14, 7:40 AM

Hi,

You can use related field which will take the value of description field to the comment field. You just need to make related type field. 
Hope this may solve your issue. 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/30/14, 6:31 AM
Seen: 676 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM