Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Contract - List-View Performance gets quite slow with many contracts / open tasks for invoicing

By
Stefan Wailand
on 2/3/15, 11:50 AM 525 views

I noticed quite long waiting times for the list view to contracts (account.analytic.account) having many tasks open for invoicing.

What is the best way to deal with this. I check PostgreSQL activity - but there are no bad queries. Everything is in Odoo in "function fields" or in the ORM-Layer.

For now I found a quick solution: I just gave my own user the right "Analytic Accounting" and then I found the menu: Accounting/Configuration/Analytic Accounting/Analytic Accounts

--> This list-view is perfectly fast since it doesn't sum up all open tasks.

Milos Miletic
On 2/6/15, 5:32 AM

Your problem might be that you are using too many function fields in list view, and your list might be too long.
Recommendation in technical memento is not to use function fields, but if you do i would recommend to use stored=True attribute in function field.

Best regards

actually this is not view we wrote - it is the standard of Odoo for contracts. Probably I should file a bug on Github since this view is using function fields. And I guess you are right - the function fields are causing the problems. But you couldn't use stored=True since each task in timesheet (with an analytic account that is a contract) will change the value and the value wouldn't be accurate as a stored one.

Datenpol gmbh, Stefan Wailand
on 2/6/15, 11:33 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/3/15, 11:50 AM
Seen: 525 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM