This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Dear all,

I have some questions about categorizing the contacts and share it on v7:

-I don't see options to categorize the partners, is it possible to categorize it? It was possible on precedent versions of openerp and it's linked to the following question.

-I made a user with a custom "Sales Group", I gave this "Sales Group" NO rights at all but the user still can see all the Contacts in Messaging>Organizer as well as all the customers in Sales>Customers. Is it possible through a configuration of the contacts to make this "Sale Group" see only the contacts I chose?

-Do you guys found some sources about security, sharing, users and contacts in v7? I only found changelogs.

Many Thanks!

__________After Answer 1____________

Thank you for your Answer Ahmad,

Tags are perfect for categorizing. Unfortunately, I didn't found a way to use it for hide/show contact purpose.

I'm clear on the "Messaging-->My Groups" acting as mailing list. When I spoke about my "Sales Group" it's a group I created under "Settings-->Users-->Groups", let's call it "Restricted Contacts Group".

Since I couldn't found a way to hide the contacts from "Messaging-->Contacts" and "Sales-->Customers" to the "Restricted Contacts Group". For testing, I duplicated the default "Sales / User: Own Leads Only Group" and renamed it in "Restricted Contacts Group", took out ALL the access for this group. Result is users from my "Restricted Contacts Group" still can see all the contacts.

I tried different strategies:

-Rules on res_partner (Settings-->Technical-->Security-->Record Rules): I lack of knowledge and feel that it could be the solution but I cannot find a source to learn how it works exactly.

-Playing directly with access rights for Groups and Users (Setting-->Users): I know it's here but I tried this during 2 days...

Finally, I wonder if it's even possible. The basic idea when I wrote this post was to use categories of contacts to control the informations my Groups have access to.

Maybe it is possible to give the access through tags? This way (?):

Create a tag "BobbytheSalesman"-->Make Rule to give access to user "BobbytheSalesman" onthe contacts he should see and not the other. How to do this?

Discard
Best Answer
  • You can categorize and organize your partners (customers and suppliers) using Partner Tags. You can set a partner's tags right under the partner's name in the Edit view.
  • If you are referring to the groups under Messaging, these are not meant for access control. They behave like mailing lists [1].
  • Access control is managed using Users and Groups under Settings. Only Users is visible by default. To manage Groups, enable Technical Features for your user under the Access Rights tab.

[1] v6.openerp.com/node/1269#h.8py0jaw1ha0j

Discard

Dear Ahmad, would I be possible to use these tags to "classify" sales? i.e. by regions/ by sector? Thanks. P.S. It's the first time I ask e question in this forum. So I hope I'm doing things well

Author Best Answer

I finally get it

1-Settings-->Security-->Record Rules

2-Create:

+Object: Partner

+Access Rights: Up to you, all Rights in my case

+Rule definition: [('user_id', '=', user.id)]

3-Add a group of your choice, "Sales:Own Leads Only" in my case.

4-Setting-->Users-->Groups

5-Add the user to the group.

Unfortunately, I lost the source.

Now, new problems appear, no way to use filters for the user for example. It is logical since the user do not have access to the complete contacts. It will be for another post.

Discard