Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Connection test failed! Error when testing the outgoing email configuration

By
Robert Klüsener
on 5/20/13, 6:12 PM 2,890 views

I tried to setup an outgoing mail server on my local installation of V7 (Ubuntu). When I click the "Test Connection" button, I get the following error message:

Connection test failed!

Here is what we got instead: -3 Temporary failure in name resolution

Borni DHIFI

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

http://www.linkedin.com/in/borni

Borni DHIFI
On 5/20/13, 6:45 PM

Hi,

verify your Connection Information and parameters Security and Authentication.

Thanks for the quick answer. I googled the problem and it seems to be a known Linux problem with the DNS Server. As I do not have direct access on the server today, I will check it tomorrow when I am in the office.

Feuerwear GmbH & Co. KG, Robert Klüsener
on 5/20/13, 6:49 PM

Also make sure after the DNS issue is resolved that the IP or domain name the ERP is hosted on is allowed on the mail server to generate SMTP records. If it's a domain name you might need to add SPF(?) text records to your DNS server that indicate that mail can originate from another external IP address, otherwise your ERP messages will be inadvertently blocked by mail servers thinking there is some email spoofing occurring.

Brett Lehrer
on 5/20/13, 8:59 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/20/13, 6:12 PM
Seen: 2890 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM