This question has been flagged
2 Replies

hello all, Thank you for your help I followed to the letter all procedure, except that I have a connection problem here is my log: Thank you for your help :-) my first install i followed the method on this link (theopensourcererDOTcom/2012/12/how-to-install-openerp-7-0-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/) I know that the problem is the password of the user "openerp", but what should I put in the file openerp-server.conf? and what to put in the connection file postgresql?

2013-07-31 20:42:21,392 2311 ERROR ? openerp.sql_db: Connection to the database failed Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 440, in borrow result = psycopg2.connect(dsn=dsn, connection_factory=PsycoConnection) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 179, in connect connection_factory=connection_factory, async=async) OperationalError: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "openerp" 2013-07-31 20:42:21,393 2311 ERROR ? openerp.netsvc: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "openerp" Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/netsvc.py", line 292, in dispatch_rpc result = ExportService.getService(service_name).dispatch(method, params) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 122, in dispatch return fn(params) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/service/web_services.py", line 359, in exp_list cr = db.cursor() File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 484, in cursor return Cursor(self._pool, self.dbname, serialized=serialized) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 182, in __init__ self._cnx = pool.borrow(dsn(dbname)) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 377, in _locked return fun(self, args, *kwargs) File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 440, in borrow result = psycopg2.connect(dsn=dsn, connection_factory=PsycoConnection) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line 179, in connect connection_factory=connection_factory, async=async) OperationalError: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "openerp" 2013-07-31 20:42:21,397 2311 INFO ? werkzeug: 192.168.1.11 - - [31/Jul/2013 20:42:21] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 -

Discard
Best Answer

In your openerp-server.conf : db_host = False db_port = False db_user = openerp db_password = False

But in the file here : yourinstance/scripts/config/yourfile.cfg You must specify : db_user = openerp and db_password = YourPostgreSQLPwd

When you have create the openerp postgresql user, you have put a password. It's that password you need in yourfile.cfg

After that, you can run the server with this command (when you are on the yourinstace folder) : ./openobject-server/openerp-server -c ./scripts/config/yourfile.cfg

EDIT by Amit Parik (amp)

Have you create the superuser on the postgres same as your system user (openerp).

As per your traceback you have to create superuser as openerp and go to template1 db then alter the role.

Discard
Author

thank you for your back, but I can not find the file .cfg or folder scripts. And I do not have the folder "Openobject-server"

Have you create the superuser on the postgres same as your system user (openerp).

As per your traceback you have to create superuser as openerp and go to template1 db then alter the role.

Author

thank's for all answer, it was the superuser roll it's working now

I will edit my answer to include this part.

Author Best Answer

thank you for your back, but I can not find the file .cfg or folder scripts. And I do not have the folder "Openobject-server"

Discard