This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi I am trying to connect via XMLRPC to the odoo server. Connection was succesfull and I am able to get the products fields in the "product.template", etc...

I need to get the products names but in a different language. Let say that I have my database in english and I need to get the products name in spanish.

The language of the user I am using to connect to the database is set to Spanish but it gave to me the product names in english.

How can I do that via XMLRPC?

Thanks and regards,

Discard
Author Best Answer

I other forum somebody gave me the answer, this is the way to do that. It is neccessary to pass the language in the context variable:

...execute_kw(db, uid, pwd, 'product.product', 'search_read', [[]], {'fields': ['description', 'name'], 'context' :{'lang': "es_ES"}})

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Amadeo:

The product name field needs to be defined as a Translatable field and the translations of the product names defined in the system for this to work.

In Odoo 13, you can check this by going to Sales > Products > Products and editing one of the existing products. You will see a language code (for example, EN) at the top right inside the field when you are in edit mode. This indicates that the field has been defined as a translatable field. You can access the translations by clicking on the language code (EN in this example).

Discard

Is there any particular reason why this has been downvoted?

Author

Thanks Paresh for your answer, but it wasn't what I was asking for XMLRPC connection to the Odoo database not an GUI approach. Probably somebody downvoted for this reason I don't know.