This question has been flagged

Hi Folks,

I ran into this issue with Odoo 8:

We have a confirmed purchase order in the system. The order does NOT have a delivery address.

Whenever we try to do anything at all with that particular PO, we get an error: The following field is invalid: 'delivery address'.

So we cannot cancel the order, not forward the order, not delete the order, not make an invoice out of the order, and so.

That is not illogical as nothing was put into the delivery address field. However, we can of course edit the confirmed PO, but cannonot edit the Delivery Address.

That sounds weird to me, after all a customer may change the delivery address in a later stage, or as we have, may want to add the delivery address at a later stage.

Does anyone know a workaround or solution to this?

BR

Peter

Discard
Best Answer

Peter, </br>

Here, as this is the default functionality so if you want to proceed further you can follow one of below mentioned steps:

1) manipulate your view(make delivery address editable in confirmed stage , remember to revert it back) and add delivery address to your field

2) or, you can add the delivery address from the backend..

3) or else simply change the state to draft change the delivery address and set it back to confirmed state

Hope this helps!

Discard
Author

Thanks Pawan,

Option 1 is something I did not consider, but looks like a good option for these cases.

In number 2 I am not sure what you mean by the backend.

For 3 that could work as well, but once confirmed, a user cannot revert the order to 'draft' status. May be we could allow an admin to do this?

Thanks for your reply, it is really helpful!

Peter

Peter, <br/>

With backend i meant, using sql queries(in this case 'UPDATE') directly on the DB and update your required fields.<br/> <br/>

For point 3, in xml make the state field as editable="1" and simply click of draft state to change its state... then your fields will be editable as it should be in Draft state, make your changes and revert it back to Confirmed state.<br/><br/>

<b>NOTE:</b> Rememeber to revert these xml changes for point 1& 3, as this should be for admin level only not at user level...

Author Best Answer

Bump the question... Nobody out there?

Peter

Discard