Odoo Help

Confirm message dialog from Python code

By
José
on 12/22/14, 2:32 PM 2,934 views

Hello, I am developing a new module in Odoo 8.

I need to display a confirm message (I see that I can do this adding the confirm="confirm message" in button XML) from the Python code, in a method.

For example: I override the create method of sale.order model.  I want to check if the total of the sale is under X value. If the value > X, I display a confirm message like "Do you really confirm this sale?" and catch the button pressed for the user to decide what action I do.

Thanks!

So what is your question?

Stephen Mack
on 12/22/14, 3:06 PM

My question is, how can I display the message from Python code and how can I catch the button pressed by the user?

José
on 12/22/14, 3:48 PM
Ivan
On 12/23/14, 1:58 AM

AFAIK, this is a feature lacking in Odoo.  If you want to stop the processing forward (not a confirmation but a validation that stops the processing from moving forward) you can raise an exception.  But I am not aware of anyway to display a confirmation message that user can choose to go forward or not.  You can display a warning message using on_change (e.g. when the sale order line is changed, trap it using on_change, then calculate the total sales value and if it is more than X, then display a warning message).

Bole
On 12/23/14, 2:41 AM

Yes you can do that.. using a wizzard
This approach needs the method to be split in parts (before,during and after wizard)
Steps you need to do

1. create you custom method, make some computation/data colection
;then create a record in transient model and return wizard wiev for created record
2. in wizard display whatever user needs to make a choice
3. accoring to choice continue or cancel futrher actions...

hope it helps.... 

José
On 12/29/14, 8:38 AM

Bole: I have created the method, and the wizard (py and xml files). How can I display the wizard message and catch the result from Python code?

Ivan: the warning message not helps me because this stops the execution of the method.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/22/14, 2:32 PM
Seen: 2934 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM