Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Confirm message dialog from Python code

on 12/22/14, 2:32 PM 1,714 views

Hello, I am developing a new module in Odoo 8.

I need to display a confirm message (I see that I can do this adding the confirm="confirm message" in button XML) from the Python code, in a method.

For example: I override the create method of sale.order model.  I want to check if the total of the sale is under X value. If the value > X, I display a confirm message like "Do you really confirm this sale?" and catch the button pressed for the user to decide what action I do.

So what is your question?

Stephen Mack
on 12/22/14, 3:06 PM

My question is, how can I display the message from Python code and how can I catch the button pressed by the user?

on 12/22/14, 3:48 PM

| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
On 12/23/14, 1:58 AM

AFAIK, this is a feature lacking in Odoo.  If you want to stop the processing forward (not a confirmation but a validation that stops the processing from moving forward) you can raise an exception.  But I am not aware of anyway to display a confirmation message that user can choose to go forward or not.  You can display a warning message using on_change (e.g. when the sale order line is changed, trap it using on_change, then calculate the total sales value and if it is more than X, then display a warning message).

| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

On 12/23/14, 2:41 AM

Yes you can do that.. using a wizzard
This approach needs the method to be split in parts (before,during and after wizard)
Steps you need to do

1. create you custom method, make some computation/data colection
;then create a record in transient model and return wizard wiev for created record
2. in wizard display whatever user needs to make a choice
3. accoring to choice continue or cancel futrher actions...

hope it helps.... 

On 12/29/14, 8:38 AM

Bole: I have created the method, and the wizard (py and xml files). How can I display the wizard message and catch the result from Python code?

Ivan: the warning message not helps me because this stops the execution of the method.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 12/22/14, 2:32 PM
Seen: 1714 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM