Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Configuring email: Google works. Office 365 doesn't. SMTPDataError: 550 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender
I am trying to configure the outgoing mail server. I tried google and it works fine but with outlook.office365.com it doesn’t work. The connection test is successful but when I send a message to a client, in mail setting I see that it was failed and I get this error message:
Mail Delivery Failed
Mail delivery failed via SMTP server 'smtp.office365.com'.
5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender
I tried None, TLS and SSL, different port numbers (25, 465, 587, and even 993 and 995) and different URLs (outlook.office365.com and smtp.office365.com) but no luck. I read somewhere that I need to create a new connector on my exchange mail flow but I don't know what is the exact required configuration since I'm using Odoo Live.
I have had this exact same error on ODOO 9.0 since my company switched our email servers to Office 365.
We did the setup as per all above instructions and kept getting the 5.7.60 SMTP; Client does not have permissions to send as this sender error.
Tried setting up the exchange connector and direct relay to no avail. On investigation it seems that the default mail address configured in ODOO works fine if it it the actual sender address. When i looked at the queued failed emails i noticed that everyone of them is using an actual individual users email address as the source. I tried in office 365 to grant send on behalf permissions to my default mail account but still got these errors.
I have now used a free SENDGRID SMTP Relay account (Sendgrid.com) for our outbound ODOO Emails and everything works correctly - Not a resolution i know but a workaround that allows us to keep our correct email address and not use a GMAIL. Thought i would share.
I have prepared a guide on how to integrate the Odoo ERP with Office 365 mail server ( https://ventor.tech/guides/how-to-configure-emails-to-work-with-office-365-and-odoo/ ). It has been verified on many customers already, and all screenshots are from latest Odoo (11 at the moment of writing) and latest version of Office 365.
At a glance what you should be done:
- Configure Outgoing mail Server in Office 365 as Relay Server
- Configure Catchall Email in Office 365
- Install Odoo module to inform users that they used the wrong email
- Configure Outgoing Mail Server in Odoo
- Configure Incoming Mail Server in Odoo
- Test Odoo ERP Emailing Setup
Here is how I solved the problem with Office 365:
1. Setup a mailbox email@example.com in Office 365
2. Setup a Security Group in Office 365 firstname.lastname@example.org --> Add users to this group and give email@example.com send as privs to the account.
3. Add mail.bounce.alias as erp
4. Add mail.catchall.domain as domain.com
5. I also added the other users in Office 365 Send As privs to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Enabled debug mode to see what's going on by doing the following:
logfile = /var/log/odoo/odoo-server.loglog_handler = odoo.models:DEBUGlog_level = debug
7. Setup Outbound email server in Odoo using account created in Step 1.
With these changes I was able to send outbound email using Office 365. I am going to revert Step 5 and see if it continues to work.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 11/27/15, 2:00 PM|
|Seen: 13170 times|
|Last updated: 4/4/18, 11:41 AM|