This question has been flagged

Ok I've created a sample app in Odoo online to try and get some help because there doesnt seem to be much support for OpenERP versions anymore.  I simply creating an empty new company in my trial and Ive installed the Delivery Cost module.

Then I went strsight to Sales Order and created a new Customer (inline) and a new product called iPad (inline) and went to add a Delivery Method at the bottom:

[dang it....I cant insert pictures]

Basically the steps I took were:

1. Clicked on Delivery Method
  2. Named the Delivery Method Own4TTruck1Wk
  3. Since I want pricing based on distances, I clicked on Advanced Pricing and left Normal Price at 0.
  4. Then I clicked on Sequence/GridName and I called it Atlantic (thinking of creating a geographical state grouping).
  5. I then added 2 formulae for Grid Definition (thinking about far atlantic states >100mi and near atlantic states <=100 mi but since the distance wasnt available I ended up creating 1 formula for <3000kgs and another for >3000kgs)
  6. Then in Destination I added the states included in Atlantic (3 states in my case - Not US, Im in Honduras).

So I need help understanding that definition but in any event, I then finished up and went back to my Sales Order where I left off, adding the Delivery Method.  However when I tried to save the SO I got an error message saying that there was no Grid associated with that method.

Now the SO is just sitting there in SO list with its delivery method.  I did the following:

1. Clicked on Confirm Sales Order
  2. From options of View Delivery Order & Create Invoice, I clicked on Create Invoice.  I invoiced the entire SO.
  3. Viewed Invoice and validated it.  Shipping doesnt appear anywhere.  Now that I remember, I got the delivery error when clicking on ADD TO QUOTE.
  4. Went to View Delivery Order...that's a whole other issue because I have 0 ipads.

So how do I add the delivery method and have its value included in the Invoice?

Discard