Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Ok I've created a sample app in Odoo online to try and get some help because there doesnt seem to be much support for OpenERP versions anymore. I simply creating an empty new company in my trial and Ive installed the Delivery Cost module.
Then I went strsight to Sales Order and created a new Customer (inline) and a new product called iPad (inline) and went to add a Delivery Method at the bottom:
[dang it....I cant insert pictures]
Basically the steps I took were:
- Clicked on Delivery Method
- Named the Delivery Method Own4TTruck1Wk
- Since I want pricing based on distances, I clicked on Advanced Pricing and left Normal Price at 0.
- Then I clicked on Sequence/GridName and I called it Atlantic (thinking of creating a geographical state grouping).
- I then added 2 formulae for Grid Definition (thinking about far atlantic states >100mi and near atlantic states <=100 mi but since the distance wasnt available I ended up creating 1 formula for <3000kgs and another for >3000kgs)
- Then in Destination I added the states included in Atlantic (3 states in my case - Not US, Im in Honduras).
So I need help understanding that definition but in any event, I then finished up and went back to my Sales Order where I left off, adding the Delivery Method. However when I tried to save the SO I got an error message saying that there was no Grid associated with that method.
Now the SO is just sitting there in SO list with its delivery method. I did the following:
- Clicked on Confirm Sales Order
- From options of View Delivery Order & Create Invoice, I clicked on Create Invoice. I invoiced the entire SO.
- Viewed Invoice and validated it. Shipping doesnt appear anywhere. Now that I remember, I got the delivery error when clicking on ADD TO QUOTE.
- Went to View Delivery Order...that's a whole other issue because I have 0 ipads.
So how do I add the delivery method and have its value included in the Invoice?
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 3/10/15, 4:26 PM|
|Seen: 1075 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|