Odoo Help

configure openerp server for cross domain

By
xiaolong97427
on 4/2/13, 7:22 PM 3,277 views

Hi, I am using OpenERP V7 with Ubuntu.

following the guide : https://github.com/vaab/js-oe-json to work with openERP using Jquery, I saw:

"You can force your openerp server to set these headers thanks to apache when used in proxy mode by adding these in your apache configuration:"

Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Methods "POST, GET, OPTIONS"
Header set Access-Control-Allow-Headers "origin, content-type, accept"

To do so, does it means that I have to install an additional Apache as a reverse proxy in front of OpenERP and in this Apache add the 3 lines ?

Torsten Francke
On 7/22/13, 6:22 AM

The Script Access OpenERP per Javascript. In general no Browser allows calling Javascript to a different domain. This is a basic of security. In some context it can be helpfull to have a way that other domains can execute Javascipt on your webside. This will be implemented in "Access-Control-Allow" HTTP Header. In OpenERP you can not excess the HTTP Header, so he adds a apache as proxy. The installation is not part of the manuel.

BUT: i recommend: don't do this becouse it breaks your security of OpenERP If you want to change OpenERP start learning how to develop web modules.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/2/13, 7:22 PM
Seen: 3277 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM