Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Configuration Wizard fails

Mark Lewis
on 2/27/13, 1:41 PM 1,644 views

I ran the accounting configuration wizard at accounting > technical > configuration wizard in order to generate a chart of accounts based on a French chart of accounts template.

The Wizard fails saying 'Constraint Error, The name of the journal must be unique per company !'.

I assume that it is because it is trying to create journals already present, which I cannot delete. Should I run another wizard for this purpose or delete the existing journals? If the latter how? Thanks

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 2/27/13, 3:31 PM

You already have installed a chart of account for your company, so you can not install a second one for the same company. You have to delete everythin if you want to relaunch the wizard: journals, accounts, taxes...

OK I've deleted what I can but I get this message deleting journals The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following: - deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it - creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set [object with reference: account.journal.cashbox.line - account.journal.cashbox.line]

Mark Lewis
on 2/27/13, 4:22 PM

Furthermore, I'm just setting up a new company which came which a US chart of accounts whether I liked it or not. I would like to have been able to choose a country account template at the beginning as was possible in v6: http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/book/3/3_9/chart_of_accounts.html#using-a-preconfigured-chart-of-accounts. I just want to use the France Accounting App

Mark Lewis
on 2/27/13, 4:25 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/27/13, 1:41 PM
Seen: 1644 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM