This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello, I have Odoo 8.

Follow this situation: a customer pays me $1000. I generate a "Customer payment" in "Accounting -> Customer payments". Then, the same customer, buys me two invoices of $100 each one. I want to set the two invoices paid and that the client has $800 of balance.

What is the best way to do this? Thanks!    

Discard
Best Answer

The first way ->

a) menu Accounting/Periodic Processing/Reconcilation/Manual Reconcilation

b) menu Accounting/Payment Follow-up/Reconcile Invoices & Payments  (module account_followup must be installed)

The second way -> Customer view -> Jurnals Items -> check selected -> More -> Reconcile Entries

You select entries with the same account number (one debit and one credit). If Credit != Debit  you click on button Partial reconcile in next step (or Reconcile with Write-Off if expected is to divide the payment for parts). How to select correct Account number? -  this account has ... type = Receivable ... and has checked ... Allow Reconciliation = 1

The third way  -> menu Accounting/Bank and Cash/Bank Statements.

Create new bank Statement, insert new payment and reconcile with selected invoices or other entries

The fourth way -> install and use module account_voucher + The first way or/and The second way

PS. Invoice is Paid if all corresponding account move lines are reconciled, see method test_paid() in account_invoice.py

Discard
Author

First way: I don't have menu "Payment follow-up" inside Accounting tab. Need I to install any other module? I have "account_accountant" module. Second way: I do this, but what entries I have to select? I have two entries for each transaction, one in the debit and one in the credit. And then, have I to do a partial conciliation or a reconciliation cancellation? Thanks!

Another way. Answer updated.

Author

The reconciliation with bank statements works for cash pays?

In menu Bank and Cash you have both: Bank Statements and Cash Registers, works similar.

Author

Queston 2) In the "other way", in the most cases credit != debit. So I do a partial reconcile. But the entries are still there! Only Odoo adds a "Ref of conciliation" which is a code like "A1, A2, etc". How works this? And the invoices are still "Open", not "Paid".

Ref of conciliation ... see my answer: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/please-what-is-the-link-between-vouchers-and-invoices-in-the-tables-75860#answer-75861

Author

Ok, moves with the same reconcile_id.name are reconciled, but still I can see there in the "Manual reconciliation" with the filter "unreconciled" and the invoice are still "open". I only want to set invoice -> "paid" in the most simple way when the payment is before the invoice...

Answer updated. I reconcilation is full and ok, invoice sate = Paid.

Author

I have the module account_voucher. The partial reconciliation, is not a full reconciliation? I know that the invoice is paid if I do a "reconciliation with cancellation" but if I do a partial reconciliation, why not?

When you select Partial Reconcile invoice is not "Piad", only value "to pay" = 0. Your needs are waiting "Reconcile with Write-Off".

Author

Ok. I am searching a way to automatically set the invoices paid if the customer has "balance ($)" > "total invoice ($)" and decrease the balance. Is there any way? Thanks you a lot for the patient!

The third way