This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm considering the development of a bridge connector between my open source POS (phesus.com/Omoikane) because the POS module while cool lacks of some features for my clients: - Fingerprint validation of important actions - Compatibility with any serial barcode scanner - Compatibility with any serial electronic scale - Basic compatibility with any cash printer - GUI adapted for supermarkets

Does it make sense for someone this effort?

Discard
Best Answer

I don't know if people here will be interested on develop a desktop version of the POS module as that will require double effort. It's also a fact that the POS module from OpenERP is missing lot of features for become a full POS for a serious retailer, but I think the best option here is work on build a better module on top of it instead redo all the work by outside, even I'm pretty sure there are several features you already developed on your custom app.

Now speaking about the missing features, I'm listing you a list of modules that we have developed for POS that you can use as an starting point for your development:

• ProxyPoS is a custom app that will be running on the cashier machine and will allow your OpenERP POS to be able to communicate on a native way with any ECS/PoS printer and with any cash box. The support for barcode scanner and electronic scale is on the TODO. You can find the code at: https://github.com/Fedrojesa/ProxyPoS
    • PoS Enhanced is a replacement for the POS module at this moment the most important feature that is build on the module is an easy way to extend the POS frontend using other modules as a plugins. You can find the code at: https://github.com/Fedrojesa/Point-of-Sale-Enhanced I recommend you to use the branch releases-1.0

PD: Veo que también eres de Puebla, te mandé una solicitud de contacto por Linkedin a ver si podemos reunirnos y ver de que forma podemos trabajar de forma conjunta y salir ganando los dos. Espero te interese

Discard
Author

Is an interesting review, but what about of making just a connector? PD Ya te agregué, claro que me interesa platicar!.