This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hello, I have Odoo 8. When I try to backup a database, I get the error "command pg_dump not found". What can I do? I have Windows 7 x64.

Discard
Best Answer

This always happens due to Odoo can't find where are postgresql_client installed(if it's True that is installed, perhaps you have no instalation of this packages or Odoo have no user rights to access it).

You could config the exact location of your pg_path where the postgresql_client tools are located. This could be done in your config file used to launch Odoo adding

pg_path = /path/to/postgresql/bin 

Discard

Thanks! ;)

On a sidenote: this can also happen if you have the pg_path value in your configuration file with None behind it. Depending on how you install Odoo it can copy over this value and set it as "pg_path = None" resulting in this error too. If you remove the configuration option it'll most likely work.

Best Answer

Also spotted the following solution:

If you've go several OE versions installed on your Windows OS, you may need to change the pg_path variable of the .conf file of your Odoo server.

I saw a case where, with a v11 and v12 install, the v12 had pg_path = None, which made it impossible for Odoo to guess that postgresql's bin location

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

You can try take backup from here

Log into the database as an administrator through postgre Admin III and backup your database from there.

May be this will help you.

Thanks,

Shamji

Discard
Author

This method to backup is the same than if I backup from the UI of Odoo? And, can I automate the backup process? Thanks!

Yes. You can restore backup file for same.

And what about the filestore????

Best Answer

You could config the exact location of your pg_path. This could be done in your config file.

pg_path =C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\12\bin

this worked for me.

But 

This path may vary in your system

So check the file path in your Program Files >>PostgreSQL  and copy the path of bin folder

Discard
Best Answer

If you are on windows consider adding the  'C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\10\bin' to your PATH environment variables and restart the odoo server. After that, you should be able to backup from the UI.

Discard