This question has been flagged
8 Replies

I want to make that if user is set the partner is not required and if partner is set the user is not required.

I posted below the code of my form fields:

The partner_id field has attrs="{'required': [('user_id', '=', False)]}" and the user_id attrs="{'required': [('partner_id', '=', False)]}"

Can some one tell me if this can even work and how?

Discard
Best Answer

Your attrs syntax seems to be correct. Make sure required=True is not set in the py file in the fields definition. If it is set, make it required=False.

Discard
Author

The python files don't have required. I'm setting required only on views.

Best Answer

It's impossible. Model res.user inherits from model res.partner.

class Users(models.Model):
  _inherits = {'res.partner': 'partner_id'}

Discard
Author

they are two different fields in a wizard that works with tasks. one field is the m2o relation to res.partner the other is a m2o relation to res.users. The weird part is when I have set partner_id and not user_id it works but not the other way around.

Well. this is a different situation and it should work. How you defined these fields. It is possible that the reason is also in a completely different place.

Probably partner_id is set in module automatically after selecting the user, and user is not set when is selected the partner

Author

yeah... the reason is in a different place. removed the attributes from the fields and made both not required and I'm still getting the same validation error.

Author Best Answer

I fed up. Had an if statement in an related model that I used that checked that the partner_id is set and I searched for it with match case enabled so I didn't find it. Sorry Zbik and Sudhir Arya for wasting your time.

Discard