Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Clean Script

By
Hassan Moulana
on 12/31/14, 11:27 PM 738 views

Dear Community,

Do we have any clear script to clear all the Data in the ODOO (Customers, Sales Order, Invoices, etc) except the Settings ?

@Hassan - Stephen is right, you should go for creating new database. By the way why do you want this kind of script. What is your requirement

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 12/31/14, 11:40 PM
Hassan Moulana
On 12/31/14, 11:45 PM

We can create a New DB but is it possible, to import the Settings from the Previous DB ?

Is it possible ?

Bole

--Bole--
| 5 4 6
Zagreb | Karlovac, Croatia
--Bole--

there is only 10 kind of people the ones that understand binary ... and others

Bole
On 1/2/15, 2:56 AM

Sure it is possible, simply export them for old db to csv, then import csv in new db.
My practice is to set new db's using csv import files, that way i'm sure i didn't forget anything :)

@Bole, that sounds great. I know it is theoretically possible to export the config settings, but how do you know that tables and columns to export as CSV? (possibly you could provide your script)

john5000
on 1/2/15, 6:10 PM

Stephen Mack

--Stephen Mack--
| 8 8 9
Santiago, Chile
--Stephen Mack--

Some people call me a karma whore, I only ask for 10 points if you like my answer and 15 if I happen to get it correct.

Stephen Mack
On 12/31/14, 11:35 PM

I don't believe so.  The advice is always create a new database.  

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/31/14, 11:27 PM
Seen: 738 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM