This question has been flagged

I have an odoo (v8) installation on port 8069. Everything's fine for all users except one. The issue is that, the chats are automatically deleted from the chat box of this user, every time he log out and login.

The user can chat with everyone just fine and the conversations remain in chat box, but only until he logs out.

(Both sender side and receiver side conversations are deleted. That is, if I'm chating with him, I cannot see yesterdays chats too)

Please help.

Discard
Author

Just found what's actually happening here.

What's happening here is, each time John closes a chat box and reopens, he's getting another chat box instance. That is, say, I'm chating with him and I'm not closing his chat box in my system. But he closes our chat box in his system and reopens it again, it' will be a new instance of chat box, with nothing in it. Also, when he send a message in that new box, I get another chat box from him with the message in it (instead of getting it in the current one in my system). That is, two chat boxes for him in my system (new one is the active one).

Please help.