This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Hello everyone,

I understand that the question may have been answered before and I have checked some posts but I got nothing.

I am new to Openerp/Odoo and my boss asked me to changing how some data appears in one of our custom modules and I believe that I have done everything correctly in the .PY file (changed the value of some variables).

However, when my boss tries to test that changes, it appears that nothing has been changed at all.

Do I need to change the .XML file? or I need to do something else?

Discard

Have you updated your module? (Settings > Update module list and then update your custom module)

Author

I only have access to the server through terminal, so can you give me the code for that?

Faez, as u have changed .py only, it will not show any change in the view of form, to do that u need to manipulate the .xml file and then got for '-u YOUR_MODULE' while restarting.

restarting openerp/odoo doesn't do anything, the page is still the same as it was before the changes 

have u changed the view (.xml)?

In windows platform, you need to delete .pyc files in the module and restart odoo-server service

Author

sudo /etc/init.d/openerp-server stop doesn't work for me, so i had to restart the whole server the new values appeared, but after few minutes all of openerp crashed with an error in the web module? probably due to not changing the XML file but im not sure of that

Best Answer

Stop your Odoo service, then restart it with the command -u YourModuleName This will reload all Python files for the module and will 'apply' all changes.

Discard
Best Answer

You need to restart the odoo service for the py files to get recompiled.

Discard

Actually a restart doesn't fix anything. You'll need to do a -u.