Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Change user's username?

A. Person
on 2/5/14, 12:56 PM 984 views

Can I change a user's login username?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 2/5/14, 5:32 PM

Settings --> Users --> Users

Open the user document (user record) you want to change and edit the login field.

I actually don't have a login field. Have you checked v8?

A. Person
on 2/5/14, 6:42 PM

You didn't tag your question with a version, or mention in the question anything about version 8! In version 8, it is labeled Email Address on the form view.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 2/5/14, 6:50 PM

Sorry, my mistake. Is the Email Address field used elsewhere? I'd like my users to log in with their first names but I still want email stuff to wok.

A. Person
on 2/5/14, 9:36 PM

Yes - on the 'Related Partner' record linked to the User. The 'Email Address' field refers to the login string, not the email. The 'Email' field on the partner refers to the email address used when messages are sent.

on 2/6/14, 3:21 PM

Where can I find the Related Partner record in v8? There's no sign of it on the user's page.

A. Person
on 2/7/14, 10:59 AM

Activate Technical Features access for your user, then refresh the UI and look again. http://help.openerp.com/question/7650/how-to-activate-the-technical-features/

on 2/7/14, 11:43 AM

Got it, thank you!

A. Person
on 2/8/14, 10:59 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 2/5/14, 12:56 PM
Seen: 984 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM