Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Change standard unit of measure for all products

By
Raphael
on 5/3/13, 7:45 AM 3,634 views

By accident I have set all units of measure from "units" to "metres" on all my products. Is there a way to set it back so all my products have Unit of Measure "Unit" as well as Unit of Procurement "Unit". This was done in one go but I can't figure out on how to revert it back.

Also now when I want to create a new product the Unit of Measure is always set to "metres". I would like that the standard is "units" again.

Any help is highly appreciated.

ton123

--ton123--
| 5 6 9
Lisse, Netherlands
--ton123--
End-User. Installed 6.1.1 on a DS412+, DS211+ and DS113J Synology NAS. Reference installation on Ubuntu 12.04/Samsung Notebook. 12-03-2013 In production for Suppliers and Customers, adresbook. 7 small companies. Testing accounting, document management, import and export. Too much showstoppers I haven't fixed at this moment. 06-05-2013 little progress. Migration to v7 impossible because of missing Dutch localisation modules. What I see working is nice, so further testing and asking. Start testing products and warehouse. Happy with this forum and the community.
ton123
On 5/4/13, 5:49 AM

As far as I know there are two possibilities:

1. Export - modify - import
  2. Install module mass edit http://v6apps.openerp.com/addon/8139

As you can see on this forum export - import is difficult to use.

The module mass edit works much easier but as far as I know it is only available for OE 6 series .

Koffi KPONOUGLO

--Koffi KPONOUGLO--
| 5 2 6
Lomé, Togo
--Koffi KPONOUGLO--

Koffi KPONOUGLO

Koffi KPONOUGLO
On 5/13/13, 5:05 PM

Go through the information and procurment tabs in the product form and change the unit of measure of this product but if you want to resolve the problem for all product, u can do an update of the module stock .

Update of the module stock worked nicely. Thank you for it.

Raphael
on 5/14/13, 5:57 AM

Hi , what do you mean by doing a update of the module stock ? u mean going to the module and click upgrade button ?

kalmenchia
on 6/10/13, 4:57 AM

patrick

--patrick--
| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
--patrick--
patrick
On 5/4/13, 8:33 PM

A quick solution might be to create a script(depending on the amount of products and skills of programmer), get all (relevant) products and change the UoM.

Somewhere in the settings (might be procurement or warehouse), you can specify the default UoM.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/3/13, 7:45 AM
Seen: 3634 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM