Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Change Product Sort order

Tim Norton
on 11/27/14, 3:21 AM 959 views

I have started loading my products but they seem to sort in the order I load them.

I can promote/demote or move to top/bottom but after doing this, is there a way to get them back to a nartual sort order such as alphabetical?

Also I would love to be able to group prudicts by tags or categories (in my case paper collections) but the current categories index on the left hand side will become huge - likely 150+ entries. See current site http://shop.charlotteswebpapercraft.com.au/shop
If there was a collapesed menu version, that would be great!

All help appreciated.

David Bertha
On 7/15/15, 3:16 AM

The ecommerce module override the alphabetical order with this :

_order = 'website_published desc, website_sequence desc, name' 

So it will show first the published products, and among the published product it will sort by the sequence attribute (highest first) and for products with the same sequence it will sort by name.

So in order to have the alphabetical order back, all your products should have the same sequence.

Thanks for clarifying that. Tim

Tim Norton
on 7/19/15, 8:33 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 11/27/14, 3:21 AM
Seen: 959 times
Last updated: 7/15/15, 3:17 AM