Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Change Currency Position from right to left in odoo 9.0

By
Ebenezer Eshun
on 10/21/15, 11:59 PM 2,193 views

I want to change the currency position from right (0.00$) to left ($0.00) instead but can't figure how to go about that in the current version of odoo as it was much simple to do in version 8.0

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 10/23/15, 2:47 AM

Hello Ebenezer Eshun,

There are few configurations and steps which you need to follow to change the position of the currency.

1: Allow Multi Currency: 

2: Refresh the page and go to Accounting / Configuration / Multi-Currencies / Currencies: 

If Multi-Currencies group is not assigned to user then user won't be able to see currency menu in Accounting configuration menu.

3: Activate the Developer mode by clicking on highlighted icon and menu: 

4: Activate the developer mode: 

5: Once developer mode is activated, you will be able to see other fields in currency and also a Position field: 

By following these steps, you can change the position of the currency symbol in v9.

Hope this will help you.

====================================================================

Sorry, I am not able to upload the images. Though you can see the images through links.

Woow that is very great solved the issue. Thanks

Ebenezer Eshun
on 10/24/15, 12:58 AM

Thank you, this works for me in Odoo 9 on local host, i just installed the Account App.

Carlos
on 10/30/15, 10:49 AM

Anil R. Kesariya

--Anil R. Kesariya--
| 6 5 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Anil R. Kesariya--
ERP Consultant

Key Skill
-
Technical & Functional Expert
Anil R. Kesariya
On 10/22/15, 3:44 AM

Ebenezer Eshun,

I have searched the same but couldn't find in community addons.

There can be two possibilities

1) Either that feature is removed to changed symbol place. they may be fixed the position of currency symbol.

Or

2) This feature may be moved in enterprise edition.

I have searched the same but couldn't find in community addons

Hope may help.

Rgds,

Anil.

Is it possible also to edit one of the files to make it work that way? and if possible which one will that be?

Ebenezer Eshun
on 10/23/15, 1:39 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/21/15, 11:59 PM
Seen: 2193 times
Last updated: 6/21/16, 7:31 AM