Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Cant see my module created

By
Roberto Novelo
on 3/11/14, 8:10 PM 1,327 views

Hi, I'm developing a test module in OpenERP 7 in windows environment. I create a new directory in addons directory then I create and code __init__.py, __openerp__.py and mymodule.py but I cant see it my module in OpenERP for installation. What I have to do. Help please.

Settings -> Modules -> Update Modules List

Sajad KK
on 3/12/14, 2:24 AM
Bart Criel
On 3/12/14, 5:53 PM

If you mean that you don't see your module in 'Settings'

• Go to Settings - Modules - Update Module List
  • Click 'Update'
  • Go to Settings - Modules - Installed Modules
  • In the Search box, delete the filter item 'Installed'
  • Look for your module (switch to List view if necessary)
  • Install your module

Good luck, Bart

Thanks, you're right

Roberto Novelo
on 3/13/14, 4:38 PM

I've struggled with all that basic stuff myself, so I'm happy to help.

Bart Criel
on 3/14/14, 3:15 PM

Nehal

--Nehal--
| 5 2 8
Ahmadabad, India
--Nehal--
Nehal
On 3/12/14, 12:55 AM

Hi,

You need to create view file e.g. mymodule_view.xml and then update module list. Then you can see your custom module in addons list. You can refer the following link for developing custom module: https://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/developer/03_modules_1/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/14, 8:10 PM
Seen: 1327 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM