This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

i am new to Odoo and probably misunderstanding something about external dependencies. In my environment, i would like to connect Open ERP 7 or (Odoo 8 if possible) to my Alfresco repository. I first install the connector module, the process goes fine. But when i try to install the cmis connector, the system says that he cant resolve an external dependency called  "cmislib", wich is the cmis library for python. Since iam really new to python, i cant understand how to install this dependency. When i try to drop it in the modules directory, it doesnt make any change and i still cant go trough the CMIS connector install. I really need to figure this out and integrate Alfresco! please help !

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Driss,

Find cmislib in Python package Index

Link :- https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cmislib/0.5.1

download 'cmislib-0.5.1.tar.gz' and extract it using 'tar -zxvf cmislib-0.5.1.tar.gz' command which will give you a 'cmislib' folder with

a 'setup.py' file .

Install it from source using the command 'python setup.py install'

Once the installation is over you can check the same installation is happened in your python environment.

root@ALFRESCO:~# python

Python 2.7.6 (default, Mar 22 2014, 22:59:56)

[GCC 4.8.2] on linux2

Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

>>> import cmislib

>>>

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Nishad, thanks for your advice, but i forgot to tell i work in a windows environment. My Odoo installation is also a standard bundled installation (bundle installer). I therefore dont have python installed. So let me understand, if i want this to work, should i make a custom installation (i mean from source) with a proper installation of Python 2.7.9 (with environment variables and PATH, a kind of PYTHON_HOME) and then add the cmislib library to python native libraries ?  Or can i still add this library even on a bundled installation? Thanks a lot

Discard