This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi all,

I created 2 users in OpenERP as below.

A. Admin

i. when login as Admin account, I can set up the outgoing mail server with username: admin@abc.com

ii. no problem to send email out, can receive email that send from admin@abc.com.

B. Jessie

i. when login to Jessie account, I cannot set up the outgoing mail server, don't have permission with username: jessie@abc.com.

ii. cannot send out and receive the email.

May I know how to solve this problem? How to send email out using jessie@abc.com?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Jessie

Discard

have you checked the access control list for the object "outgoing mail" ? there you will see all the access that allowed and group that have the access.

I am having this same problem. When I go to "General Settings" the "Configure outgoing email servers" link takes me to where I have already setup the outgoing servers, and have testing the connection successfully... But when I go to send a new user an invitation I get the same error that Jessie is getting. I do not see where else to configure/select the outgoing email server that I have defined for this company.

Author Best Answer

Hi Viktor,

Thanks for your replied. I have checked all the access (Read, Write, Create and Delete Access) for object name "ir_mail_server" and "mail.mail.all" but I still facing the error as below:

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: ir.mail_server, Operation: create)

May I know how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jessie

Discard

any progress here? I have the same problem in my test database, only admin can send out mails