Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can we edit rml file in OpenERP online?

By
Vardan
on 4/2/13, 3:50 AM 4,493 views

I bought an instance from OpenERP and I want to edit pdf file. Is it possible to edit rml file in OpenERP online?

Naresh Soni (nch)

--Naresh Soni (nch)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 2 4
India
--Naresh Soni (nch)--

Team Lead, Odoo(Formerly OpenERP) Support & OPW

Naresh Soni (nch)
On 4/2/13, 4:52 AM

No, You cannot edit the rml's but you can use report designer plugin to edit the *.sxw's.

How To Use Report Designer

Thanks,

How to do this?

Vardan
on 4/8/13, 8:32 AM

updated my answer !

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 4/8/13, 9:44 AM

When I Select OpenERP Report Designer ‣ Server parameters, i am getting nothing and hence i cannot enter server details. Might be problem with openerp_report_designer.zip How to download this file? I download it from an external link.

Vardan
on 4/8/13, 11:16 AM

i enter server url but what to write in port as online openerp has no port?

Vardan
on 4/9/13, 5:04 AM

server XXX.my.openerp.com, port:8069, protocol: xml-rpc. This should work.

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 4/9/13, 2:11 PM

but its not connecting.. :(

Vardan
on 4/9/13, 3:31 PM

Vardan, you should skip the "http://" while entering the URL. for eg: just put this as the server: 7-0-6633.runbot.openerp.com. I checked and it works fine

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 4/10/13, 3:37 AM

i entered url and port and its connected. After that its asking for username and password. When i am entering these details then its throwing invalid username/password error and i am entering right details.

Vardan
on 4/10/13, 7:24 AM

There is no problem in connecting with server other than online openerp.

Vardan
on 4/10/13, 7:47 AM

In OpenERP just go to that user whom you want to connect to the plugin in setting/users/users and change the password then try to connect.

Naresh Soni (nch)
on 4/10/13, 8:04 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/2/13, 3:50 AM
Seen: 4493 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM