This question has been flagged
1 Reply

i have a module with a menu called list of documents.....which should contain 9 different reports....i have rml code created for all nine reports and also its working .....i want to print my reports only fetching only data such as invoice number and date which is common for all .........my issue is how should i create my report module.....

Discard
Best Answer

I suggest you.

If you want to use only single parser than follow this.k If you have Multiple manu for reports. than you can pass key (key any thing by which you can identify that which report you want to call.) in context of menu to differentiate your report. based on that key you will return your report from your parser file.

If you are return data from your parser file than you need to create only one rml file for all nine reports. based on key of report you will search your data and return from your parser.

Hope this will helps you.

If you further need any help you can ask.

Regards,

Anil R.K.(SerpentCS)

Discard
Author

i do not have multiple menu for my reports...i want to place all the reports at one single particular sub menu....sir you can refer this link for clarification https://www.dropbox.com/lightbox/home/Screenshots .......i have rml codes for my reports.....my problem how should i create .py,.xml in report module......sir i dont understsnd the concept of pass key and single parser

Lets leave the concept of keys. for report you need 1) xml record for report. which will be in xml file that file you can put either report directory or inside the main module. 2) rml file for your report which you will keep in report directory. 3) optional if you want to write some method for getting data for that you need parser class that you will define in .py file and that file will be store in report directory.

Author

thank you anil...i got it