This question has been flagged
1 Reply

hi guy's, i have problem with openerp, i did my job with openerp 7alpha, just like modify xml file, create simple module, etc. n now i move on to openerp 7stable, but i thing this is different like alpha version, when there is no modules folder inside addons folder, i it directly connected to openerp site when i want to install module, the problem is what must i do when i want to make new module, because when i created new folder inside addons folder in order to i make new module, there no change in module lists in setting menu. what should i do when i want to make new module? really need your help guys. i use windows 7.

Discard
Best Answer

As far as I know, all modules should be placed in the addons directory.

After placing your module in that location, update your module list (Settings -> Update Module List). Now you can install / search for your module (Settings -> Installed Modules).

Important: When you change the python code of your module, you have to restart openERP (restart the service on Windows, or restart your computer), in order for openERP to reload the changed code when you upgrade your module.

Discard
Author

i use openerp *.exe not *.tar.gz, is it different?