This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello everyone,
I would like to use the point of sale today, but I've had an open session since 2017, when I try to close it, the following message is "You can not add / modify entries in a closed period 01/2017", the fiscal year 2017 being closed I can not close this session, if I create another session sales point I have a traceback type message to launch! Does anyone know of a way to forcibly remove a point-of-sale session or other solution?
Thank you in advance.
Discard
Best Answer

Hi Baldwuin,

Alright not the easiest to do but still possible. You will first need to reopen the fiscal year 2017 in order to be able to write and generate bookings for that year. You can do this by either changing the state of the column 'state' on the fiscal year model through an SQL query or by installing the OCA module that allows you to do it (https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/8.0/account_fiscal_year_reopen/). Be sure to take a backup first, just in case.
After you've opened the fiscal year again you should be able to close the point of sale session. After closing and booking all transactions from the point of sale you will need to close the fiscal year again. Either by SQL or by closing the fiscal year from the frontend.

P.S: You also have some other issues now:
- All the transactions that have been done and are in the POS are most likely not in your accounting now, resulting in missing numbers most likely. You might want to check that out and check with your accountant.
- You will most likely have a lot of POS records so you might run into runtime errors. In that case add more RAM to the server and change the timeouts in the Odoo configuration.
- If Odoo complains about not being able to open two fiscal years at once you'll first need to close of your current year then do all the steps and then reopen the current year. A pain, I know.

I hope this atleast helps you on the right way!

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard
Author Best Answer
Hello,  

Thank you, I managed to open the closed fiscal year of 2017 thanks to your advice, now another message appears at the closing of the point of sale session "Field(s) `account_id` failed against a constraint: You cannot create journal items on an account of type view or consolidation." 

Discard