This question has been flagged
3 Replies

When we send out purchase orders from Odoo the sender is named OdooBot. We have found that people tend to think is is not from our company - but some kind of scam.

In the mail it says best regards, System. If we change "ownership" of the purchase order, the mail is still from OdooBot, but the signature says best regards firstname, lastname of the "owner" of the PO.

I was told not to change the Name OdooBot but I find it not very professional to contact anyone with the name OdooBot. So can this really be right? 

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot..

Michael

Discard

www.odoo.com/apps/modules/12.0/ms_query/ and change name Odoo Bot.

Try it!

Author

Well I have been adwiced not to change the name of OdooBot as it is a system name. Never the less I think it is a terrible name as sender, no one knows Odoo in Denmark.

Also we have crazy big problems sending mails to customers from Odoo. If this has anything With OdooBot, I am not sure, but SPAM filters has many ways to detect.

Does anyone know where you can find the default messages that it produces? Like when someone uses Discussions for the first time and he automatically tells you to try and emoji.

Author

Tak for din mail.

Jeg er ikke på kontoret før den 25/05-22. Din mail vil ikke blive videresendt så hvis din henvendelse haster, kontakt venligst kontoret på 7384 1230 eller mail info@pgflowteknik.dk

I am not in the office before 25/05-22. Your mail will not be forwarded so in urgent matters, please contact the office on phone +45 7384 1230 or mail info@pgflowteknik.dk

Med venlig hilsen/kind regards

Michael Grøn
PG Flowteknik Scandinavia ApS

Best Answer

Hi,

To rename the Odoobot what you have to do is that, go to Settings -> Users , and filter inactive user, there you will see a user named Odoo Bot, which is having the ID as 1. You can rename this user. Hope this will change give you a solution.

Thanks

Discard

What happens when i delete OdooBoot?

Do NOT delete the user OdooBot! I would be surprised if you could anyway. It is a system super user with a fixed internal id number (1) and is used by the system to do various tasks requiring full access to everything.

Best Answer

Hello Community

I see no answers on Michael's question about OdooBot as Sender of emails from out the system. I have the same problem with this, and it will make us decide whether Yes or No to proceed for a paid subscription of Odoo. So I look forward to reply and solutions. Regards, Carine 

Discard