Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can I do bill payment with Supplier Payment directly in v7?

By
JC
on 1/12/14, 5:05 AM 1,126 views

Can I do SUPPLIER PAYMENT without registering entries in PURCHASE RECEIPT ? If can be done , how? If not what is the proper way?

TQVM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 1/21/14, 2:08 AM

A supplier payment can be made without any previous documents or journal entries needing to be created first.

It will be an AP debit until it is reconciled with something.

If you create the Supplier invoice after the payment, register another payment of $0 and apply the debit to the AP credit generated by the invoice.

EDIT (to show workflow):

1) Accounting --> Suppliers --> Supplier Payment

2) Click Create

3) Fill in the information for Supplier and Total:

image description

4) Click Validate

You will see that OpenERP detects that there is a difference amount equal to the Total and will set the Payment Difference to Keep Open.

5) To verify, Accounting --> Suppliers, open the Supplier record and examine the Total Payable amount on the Accounting tab.

image description

Hi Ray thanks well you said supplier payments can be made without any journal entries need to be created 1st but when we try to feed data into SP its asking for the related journal item mandatory also the warning messages which system displays were misleading. Can you reply asap ?

muthunaveen
on 4/10/14, 8:28 AM

See my edit, you don't need to do anything else apart from select the Supplier and enter the Total of the payment.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 4/10/14, 2:05 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/12/14, 5:05 AM
Seen: 1126 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM