This question has been flagged

I made a mistake when setting up my openerp instance, I entered a wrong start and end date for my fiscal year. Can I change this afterwards and if so, how?

Original entry: Start 01/01/2013 - End 31/12/2013 - Monthly periods
----------
Should be: Start 01/04/2013 - End 31/03/2014 - 3 Months periods
Discard

Hi David, To change a period of Fiscal year in accounting by, 1/ Go to Accounting -> Configuration -> Fiscal Year . Delete the existing one and create a new with your desired period and click the button Create 3 months Period. It will create your specified period. I hope u understand...

If this comment is good, can you create an answer Vikram ? So David can mark her as good answer. This system improve visibility.

I'm in same situation. i don't think it works that way if you already had any transaction, it will generate some error like 'you may be trying to delete a record while other record still reference it' any advance help would be appreciated please

Ok Sven! I do. Thanks for remind me..

Best Answer

Hi David, To change a period of Fiscal year in accounting by, 1. Go to Accounting -> Configuration -> Fiscal Year . Delete the existing one and create a new with your desired period and click the button Create 3 months Period. It will create your specified period. I hope u understand...

Discard