Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can I change the running fiscal year?

By
David Vandervoort
on 8/1/13, 7:30 AM 1,926 views

I made a mistake when setting up my openerp instance, I entered a wrong start and end date for my fiscal year. Can I change this afterwards and if so, how?

Original entry: Start 01/01/2013 - End 31/12/2013 - Monthly periods
----------
Should be: Start 01/04/2013 - End 31/03/2014 - 3 Months periods

Hi David, To change a period of Fiscal year in accounting by, 1/ Go to Accounting -> Configuration -> Fiscal Year . Delete the existing one and create a new with your desired period and click the button Create 3 months Period. It will create your specified period. I hope u understand...

Vikram
on 8/1/13, 7:39 AM

If this comment is good, can you create an answer Vikram ? So David can mark her as good answer. This system improve visibility.

Xsias
on 8/1/13, 10:05 AM

I'm in same situation. i don't think it works that way if you already had any transaction, it will generate some error like 'you may be trying to delete a record while other record still reference it' any advance help would be appreciated please

Samuel Tadesse
on 10/7/13, 11:13 AM

Ok Sven! I do. Thanks for remind me..

Vikram
on 10/8/13, 2:31 AM
Vikram
On 10/8/13, 2:32 AM

Hi David, To change a period of Fiscal year in accounting by, 1. Go to Accounting -> Configuration -> Fiscal Year . Delete the existing one and create a new with your desired period and click the button Create 3 months Period. It will create your specified period. I hope u understand...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/1/13, 7:30 AM
Seen: 1926 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM