Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Can Anyone Help Install OpenERP on Our Dedicated Server?

By
Marty Langen
on 12/31/13, 1:25 AM 1,724 views

WILLING TO PAY SOMEONE TO DO THIS FOR US

We really need some help installing OpenERP on our server. We are using the following tutorial: www (dot) gurn3ys.tuxfamily (dot) org/?p=65

We are running a linux dedicated server with centos6.5

We have been able to complete most of the install but are getting hung up here (we have no idea how to make necessary modificatons once we run "sudo vi /etc/openerp-server.conf":

Move it and change permission
 sudo vi /etc/openerp-server.conf

db_password = False change by the password
 logfile = /var/log/openerp/openerp-server.log

V(BIS) – TESTING
 sudo su - openerp -s /bin/bash
 /opt/openerp/server/openerp-server

Control-C
 exit

WE REALLY NEED HELP HERE!!! WE ARE WILLING TO PAY SOMEONE TO SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL OPENERP ON OUR SERVER.

ANY HELP PLEASE????

Did you success installing OpenERP?

Remya
on 12/31/13, 3:05 AM

No I have not had success installing openerp

Marty Langen
on 12/31/13, 3:07 AM

You can try screen command to start openerp

Jagdish Panchal
on 12/31/13, 5:11 AM

contact me on yashbhadiyadra079@gmail.com, if you still face this issue.

Yash B
on 12/31/13, 2:53 PM
Pinakin Nayi (pna)
On 1/1/14, 3:23 AM

Hello,

I think as per tutorial you need to change db_password= Your_password - the password which you set at the time of configure the database server, PostgreSQL just change False to your database password. Secondly, you need to change logfile = /var/log/openerp/openerp-server.log .... After change this save file(to save => esc :wq).

Now, if you want to test your server : run command sudo su - openerp -s /bin/bash/opt/openerp/server/openerp-server

Fore More Detail : http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2012/12/how-to-install-openerp-7-0-on-ubuntu-12-04-lts/

Nisthulan
On 12/31/13, 2:22 AM

Dear Marty, If you face problem with VI Editor.

Use .. sudo nano /etc/openerp-server.conf for Editing the Configuration file.

Problem is I don't know what I am supposed to be doing once I run these commands... would you be interested in installing it for us?

Marty Langen
on 12/31/13, 3:09 AM
Tran Ngoc Tuan
On 1/28/14, 10:21 AM

I can help with free of charge. Contact me at david.tran (at) ma.tvtmarine.com

Jens
On 12/31/13, 4:28 AM

send me your contact details to jk2020@web.de and we can discuss further

AB Consultant
On 12/31/13, 2:58 PM

Hello Marty,

I can help you with very good rate.

Please contact me at pydev.consultant@gmail.com.

I am professional OpenERP Developer with 2+ years of experience.

Petar
On 1/1/14, 12:31 PM

Dear Marty,

I would gladly help free of charge ... You can contact me on: petar.najman@netbox.rs

Cheers, Petar

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/31/13, 1:25 AM
Seen: 1724 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM