Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Buying cases, stocking units, and selling any UoM on the POS

By
Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 8/29/16, 6:17 PM 207 views

I buy and sell water. I always buy master cases (96 bottles). I want to manage my inventory in bottles. I sell bottles, cases (12 bottles), or master cases (96 bottles) in my store. I can break cases and master cases. How can I configure Odoo Purchase, Inventory, and POS to do this?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 8/29/16, 6:33 PM

- Create 1 product "Bottle". Make it purchaseable. The purchase UoM should be master case that you configure as 96 times the default UoM bottle. Make it also available in the POS. The sales UoM should be Bottle and it will be the UoM for inventory. You should also create a third UoM Case which is 12 times bigger than Bottle. Bottle should be your base UoM.

- Create 1 other product "Case" with a BoM that has the Bottle product as a component and is made of 12 Bottles. Configure Case as make to order and manufacturing. Do not make it purchaseable.

- Create 1 other product "Master Case" with a BoM that has the Bottle product as a component and is made of 96 Bottles. Configure Master Case as make to order and manufacturing. Do not make it purchaseable.

- Install the module procurement_jit.

The flow will be as follows:

a. Create a PO, select the product Bottle and the UoM Master Case and buy 5 of them.
b. Receive the shipment. This will increase your stock by 5*96 = 480 bottles.
c. Go to your POS and sell 2 cases. JIT will be triggered and 2*12 = 24 bottles will be consumed to make 2 cases and they will be moved to the customer location. Essentially, your stock of cases is going from 0 to 2 and back to 0 in one click here. And your stock of bottles is going from 480 to 456 because 24 are being consumed.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/29/16, 6:17 PM
Seen: 207 times
Last updated: 8/30/16, 12:11 AM