This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have been trying to find a module for OpenERP that will allow integration of the BOTS opensource EDI translator to utilize true EDI with OpenERP. I've had Zero luck finding anything.

I am assuming I can do this with webservices and XML-rpc. Just wanted to see if anyone has already done this and if they had a module put in place.

As a manufacturing company we need to import EDI doc 850 Purchase order from BOTS to a sales order in Open ERP. export an invoice to BOTS which will send EDI doc 810 to partner. Export delivery information to BOTS for EDI DOC 856 Advance Shipping Notice to be sent to partner.

These three Documents are what most large companies require from their manufacturing suppliers.

As awesome as OpenERP is I thought it would be simple to find this integration. I actually thought it had it when we decided to use OpenERP however after digging into the EDI module it isn't anything a major company would allow as EDI.

I may be looking in the wrong places. doesn't seem like to big of an issue to write it but didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

Am I missing something with the BOTS opensource EDI Translator and OpenERP not getting along?

Seems like two awesome business applications that would complete each other by bringing them together.

Discard
Author

Wanted to add BOTS EDI Translator takes XML and translates it into the correct EDI code. it also translates EDI code to XML. so it should be just a mapping of where to import the XML generated from BOTS engine. or exporting XML to BOTS Translator. Thanks.

I am also looking for the same requirement and came across this question. Our potential client has a need for the same EDI formats. I believe if something is already available then it would make him very happy and will be more encouraged to start with OpenERP implementation. Have you been able to work on the requirement?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I run a small company in Denmark specializing in EDI and integrating EDI with ERP systems. We have solutions for a number of ERP systems already and are currently working on an integration to openERP. Conversion to and from EDI is hosted and connection to openERP is through XML RPC. I would be happy to talk to anyone looking into using EDI with openERP and discuss their needs without any obligation. We work with a worldwide VAN so customers outside Denmark is not a problem. Our similar solution for e-conomics is described here: http://easyedi.dk/solutions/easyedi-for-e-conomic/

Multibase is working on a EDI implementation for OpenERP. The first step was developing the possibility to record purchase orders form customers, a missing document in OpenERP sales workflow.

Best Answer

Bots is a nice opensource edi translator... wich means it takes care of reciving, translating between formats, and sending edi messages.

in order to make him cooperate with odoo you need to set translations and routes corectly and according to your needs and expectations
need time to set things but, once set.. works like a charm.. .

In my case, i recive csv, xml and edi files, translate them and insert data directly in odoo db...
for outgoing msg.. odoo creates outgoing msg, and drops file on predefined location on disc,
bots dirmonitor takes the outgoing messaeg ,translate it do desired format, and send to partner location.. 

tic-tac... had it tested and working in one week... 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi

A third party solution for EDI integration into Odoo is now availale from easyEDI. Please have a look at http://easyedi.dk/solutions/easyedi-for-odoo/. Works with any EDI format, incoming and outgoing and with any business partner.

Best regards
Jesper

Discard