Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

BoM consisting of products with several different variants

By
FlowBelow Aero, Inc
on 9/25/14, 10:34 PM 716 views

My company sells a product that is packaged as a "kit" made up of 8 different individual products, each of which has several different varients.  This leads to thousands of different possible combinations, all of which need their own BoM.  Most examples I can find covering similar situations are for something like T-Shirts which don't have BoMs.

At sales order creation, I'd like to be able to pick which variants need to be shipped.  I don't want this exploaded on the invoice, but I would like the description of the product to reflect which varients were chosen.  Is this something that can be handled without paying someone to build a custom module?  It doesn't sound like that unusual of a situation.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/25/14, 10:34 PM
Seen: 716 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM