This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello,

When we select a file into a binary field, we only have a litle text zone to see the name of the file we just selected. Is it posible to increase the size of this?

thanks

Discard
Author

Hello, I thinks I didn't explain how I should. When I said "size" I 'm talking about the view size, I 'd like to post a picture to explain it, but this stupid karma prevent me to post one ( -___- ).

So I have this for my binary field:

fname-Select-Save As-Clear and I 'd like to have this: fname spacespacespacespace-rest of button binary field

If someone understand I know how can I make this or if is it possible,

great thanks!

Best Answer

in __openerp__.py add line

'css':['static/src/css/field_binary_css.css',],

in directory my_module/static/src/css/ add a file field_binary_css.css

.field_binary {
    width: 150px;//define the width here
   }
Discard
Author

Thank you a lot! By chance, do you know how I could hide the "save as" and "clear" of this binary field? Actually I just need the "select" and it ll be great if it was possible

in file web/static/src/xml/base.xml comment lines : from line 1249 to 1262

Best Answer

Hi John,

The field (datas_fname) in ir.attachment model that stores the file name is of type char and has size 256 where as the content of the file is stored in db_datas which is of type binary in OpenERP and of type bytea in postgres.The storage size for such type are 4 bytes plus the actual binary string. A Good Documentation is here Bytea

Thanks,

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello, first thanks for your answer, i didn't know this and I always like learning new things. However I thinks I didn't explain how I should. When I said "size" I 'm talking about the view size, I 'd like to post a picture to explain it, but this stupid karma prevent me to post one ( -___- ).

So I have this for my binary field:

fname-Select-Save As-Clear and I 'd like to have this: fname spacespacespacespace-rest of button binary field

If someone understand I know how can I make this or if is it possible,

great thanks!

Discard

This should not be as an answer John ..it should be as a comment plus improvement on your question.