Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Big Integer value on model - Odoo 8

Alejandro Perez Cosio
on 11/18/14, 8:35 AM 1,166 views

I'm triying to create a new column of type integer but when I try to use it from the UI, I can't set a big value like: 7904001151362.

I need to store integer values with a size up to 15.

Is there a way to set this on models avoiding the use of fields.Char?

Thank you!

Best regards

@alejandro can you explain you exact purpose behind using this length of integer?

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
on 11/18/14, 8:41 AM
Marvin Taboada
On 11/18/14, 5:43 PM

Hello Alejandro, fields.integer are stored as PostgreSQL 'int4' (integer) which are limited in size by the database.

How about using fields.float instead, using size to limit the number of digits, and limiting the scale to 0?

'big_number': fields.float('Big Number', size=15, digits=(15, 0)),  # OpenERP v7.0

big_number = fields.Float(string='Big Number', size=15, digits=(15, 0))  # Odoo v8.0

Thank you Marvin, that worked for me.

Alejandro Perez Cosio
on 11/19/14, 8:11 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 11/18/14, 8:35 AM
Seen: 1166 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM