Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Best way to import from vtiger?

By
Timothy Solomon
on 4/16/13, 11:41 AM 4,565 views

Hi, I have a client who is moving from vtiger to openERP (hurrah!). What is the best way to move all the existing data (accounts / contacts) to openerp? I'm familiar with openerp database structure but not vtiger. I presume csv export / import will be easiest? or are there recipes for an ETL? Thanks

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 4/25/13, 3:29 AM

In my knowledge, there is no such tool, but yes ETL can surely help. https://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Webservices_tutorials helps you retrieve vTiger data and then you can write Python script or OpenERP module for import into OpenERP.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Thanks Jay, will try it out

Timothy Solomon
on 4/25/13, 4:25 AM

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 4/16/13, 1:27 PM

I think it will be easier for you to develop scripts in Python, it is very easy to import data to OpenERP using Python with XML-RPC or OERPLib

Are you interested in doing a vtiger->openERP migration job for me?

Volker Lux
on 4/25/13, 2:32 PM
Mazhar Iqbal Rana
On 1/4/15, 3:26 AM

It is easiest from CSV

I did frm CSV

Give it a try 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/16/13, 11:41 AM
Seen: 4565 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM