Paresh Wagh India

--Paresh Wagh--

| 4 2 5
Navi Mumbai, India
--Paresh Wagh--

Paresh Wagh India
12/2/19, 7:13 PM

Hi Lars:

These fields don't have defaults defined out of the box. Someone may have defined default values for the accounts. 

Activate developer mode. Go to ​Settings > Technical > Actions > User Defined Defaults  and check if there are defaults defined for these fields. 

2 Comments
Aam IT & Logistic Consult, Lars Aam Norway
12/3/19, 2:23 AM

Already checked. No default defined. And it is not possible to set a blank default. Thanks anyway.

Port Cities Ltd., Chris TRINGHAM Hong Kong
12/3/19, 8:50 PM

You could use Automated Actions to set these to blank.

Chris TRINGHAM Hong Kong

--Chris TRINGHAM--
| 6 2 8
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
--Chris TRINGHAM--

I always look for ways to help businesses get more from Odoo (and other systems).  

I have many years of experience with ERP and other business systems, both in the UK and in Asia (primarily in sourcing and manufacturing).  

My focus is on business requirements and system functionality, but I am also interested in technical aspects of Odoo (e.g xml and Automated Actions - which is forcing me to learn a little Python), and also security (e.g. Record Rules and user access).

Chris TRINGHAM Hong Kong
12/3/19, 10:24 PM

I think it's possible to use Automated Actions, but not quite in the way I originally expected.

The full details are here: Use Automated Actions to set income and expense accounts

This is the Python code

for rec in records: 
    record['property_account_income_id'] = record.categ_id.property_account_income_categ_id 
    record['property_account_expense_id'] = record.categ_id.property_account_expense_categ_id

It would be better to set these to blank, but when I try that nothing happens.
2 Comments
Aam IT & Logistic Consult, Lars Aam Norway
12/4/19, 4:36 AM

You described the problem correct: " As standard, Odoo leaves them blank so this should not be required." And that is my issue: I do not understand why these fields are filled by default. I think I will report it as an official issue.

Port Cities Ltd., Chris TRINGHAM Hong Kong
12/4/19, 8:19 PM

Be interesting to know how to recreate it!

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now