Odoo Help

Authorize.net & Payment logic

By
Loïc Lavoie
on 5/4/15, 8:01 PM 818 views

Keep in mind that I'm a newbie in Odoo, please be kind :-)

I'm in the process of setup an odoo instance for a small business who needs a wholesale logic. Currently, I've been able to setup everything except the payment part of Invoices. I can't seem to find any documentation on a how-to for this and I need to be able to allow the payment of invoice sent by email with Authorize.net. Also, if possible, the customer receving the invoice would not have access to odoo (at the moment, the system seem's to send an email with a "View Order" button that link to odoo.

#1) Any good tutorial somewhere to do this? (I already googled)

#2) Any "how-to" integrate authorize.net? (I've found this https://github.com/odoo/odoo/tree/8.0/addons/payment_authorize  but I'm not seeing any way to enable it within the system).

Jonathan Leaders
On 3/17/17, 8:14 PM

Setup Cash Payment Method (Tested in Odoo 10.0)

POS App > Payment Methods > Create New one called "Credit Card" (Type: Cash, Electronic)

Invoicing > Invoice > Register Payment > Credit Card > Choose stored token (Token storage can be done manually via Authorize.NET website and link the Payment ID under Stored Credit Cards of the Customer or via customer portal at http://<odoodomain>/my/invoices by the customer themselves [Customer Portals must be enabled in Settings > General Settings). I don't know an easy way to fill in CC info from the Odoo backend (as distinct from the portal)

I found that if a customer signs up for the portal (using the sign up link that is unique to them -- the eCommerce app's custom email template has an example of it) and then goes to /my/invoices  then they can see all their invoices that they have there. They can then click on one, and then pay it via authorize.net

You can only store the credit card for customers in the portal by enabling the "merchant payment method" links the "Customize" menu option in the website builder.

'Show payment buttons to employees too' checkbox is not available in Odoo 9.0 or 10.0, which was the way people used to do it.

I'd show screenshots but there is no way to upload one apparently.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/4/15, 8:01 PM
Seen: 818 times
Last updated: 3/17/17, 8:14 PM