This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Is it possible to assign multiple users to a task, or create a subgroup of employees and assign that group to a task?

Real life example:

We are going to start a housing renovation project on which multiple employees will work. During day one we organize a get-together on location to take a look at the work that will have to be done. I want to create a "Project Initiation on Location" task and assign all people involved to this task.

Unfortunately this is not possible.

Possible solution:

Ability to create project-teams and assign different people and sub-teams to those teams. I could create a few teams with different people, then create one global team which consists of all the sub-teams and then assign this task to the global project team. Any member of the team then should be able to mark his/her part as completed.

I don't want to create tasks for every individual team member.

Discard

Hi Daniel,

Like to double confirm.

When you say "Work on Task", are you referring to each Task -> Work Summary.

However Work Summary, only project manager can update. Project members can't update each work hours after they complete their part.

If not, is that any module which we need to install?

Any help? Thanks.

Yes: the "Work on Task" option/module adds the "Work Summary" grid to Tasks. Your issue is related to security; no module for that, you probably can fix that just my changing "Record Rules".

Best Answer

Yes, one Task can have only Responsible person.

But it's possible to "assign" several people to the same Task using the record "Work on Task" option: this adds to Tasks a grid to record time on tasks, and each line can correspond to a different person.

It's meant to record time spent on tasks, but you could also use it to plan people assigned on Tasks: just leave the Time/Hours spent as zero when assigning people to it. Later on you can edit them to record the real time spent. if you wish.

Discard
Author

Ah, thank you! This is sort of what I needed. Thanks for you help!

but we can't track forecast for each user

Hello @Daniel Reis, I am very new to odoo and i just fresh graduate and now i want to assign multi users to one task in odoo12 Project management module(Community), Please kindly explain to me. Thanks a lot