This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi!

I recently installed Odoo 11 (I've been using Odoo 8 before) and tried to install the connector modules from OCA.

I don't know why but odoo was installed under /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo and the addons are under /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons. (This is also the location where I loaded the OCA modules to)

After rebooting odoo with "sudo service odoo restart" and rebooting the whole server, updating the Apps list and many other attempts, the apps are still not shown under apps even if I delete all the search filters.

Any ideas on how to get that working?.

Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

Remark: it is recommended to create a separate folder for non-core addons, such as ../odoo/custom/addons for example.

Back to your issue: did you check the folder/subfolder and file permissions of your addons? See my answer here:

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/odoo-11-ubuntu-16-04-how-to-transfer-custom-or-third-party-apps-to-your-apps-folder-for-dummies-or-lazy-people-127880#answer-127896

Discard
Author

Thanks for your reply!

Did it exactly as you described but it still doesn't work.

Is it correct that I can download the modules with git clone https://github.com/OCA/connector.git -b 11.0 instead of git clone git@github.com:OCA/connector.git -b 8.0 ? (I get permission errors when trying it with git clone git@github.com:OCA/connector.git -b 8.0)

I don't know git (yet), I always do a zip-download of the repository.

Anyway, look at your downloads and you will see if you have the complete module folders. If not, you have to solve that, but that is not Odoo related.

Best Answer

check the addons path in odoo conf file. for eg, give the path like here

addons_path= /home/dell/hilar/odoo/test,/home/dell/hilar/odoo/addons,
Discard
Author

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

I installed it in the standard location (/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons).

Shouldn't this be enough?

Thanks